Saturday, February 20, 2016

Big brother to child with food allergies.

I have spent the last few days trying to figure out how to make sure all of my grandchildren know how special they are to me, while trying to bring focus to the hardships of having a child with life-threatening food allergies in the family.
I decided to try to have each of them understand how important their individual roles are in our family unit. Shelton and I made a video today, which we posted to You Tube, of him describing how being the older sibling in a family with children with food allergies feels. He did a great job.
Here is a link to the post: http://youtu.be/OAjn4DHrdcA
I am trying my best to educate others about anaphylactic food allergies, not only to help my grandchildren, but other families who may be new to food allergies, or who love someone who does.
Stay tuned as I share everything that I have learned, and continue to learn with you.
Thank you for reading.
Terri aka Jewel's Grandma T

No comments:

Post a Comment